Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Christian Mission Experience

On this day when many celebrate with whiskey, beer, green clothing, and other mythical items, may I share a prayer of blessing and thanksgiving from a culture rich in God's love and mercy . . . we celebrate the Celtic heritage. I am reminded of our missionary experience and am thankful for the many we have met and the customs and cultures we have experienced. Embrace one another today and seek the God in us all . . .


In thanks for the fullness of days spent together; the friends that we pray will be with us forever; the feelings we've shared, the feed and good fun; with faith that God's blessings have only begun. (Irish blessing)


No matter the culture we embrace nor the family name we claim, God is still God. Is it not wonderful that He created all so very different yet so much like one another . . . in His image! Today, like everyday, it's an opportunity to observe a bit more of God's likeness in each of us and to look forward to an eternity rich in culture.



Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise, Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me, Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me, Christ in every eye that sees me, Christ in every ear that hears me. . . (from a prayer of the Irish missionary named Patrick)


1 comment:

moriahkclarke said...

Today was a hard day from the start of my morning. I thank Jesus my Lord and Savior for Mr. Carroll sending the link to my email this morning, to remind me that Christ is everywhere. My mind was renewed instantly,once I read this passage. Hallelujah!!!!

-Moriah Clarke

Your will, not mine God . . . true freedom

. . .whoever commits sin is a slave of sin . And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever . Therefore if the ...