Friday, March 11, 2016

Celebrating Life in Christ

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die . . .a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance . . . So I saw that there is nothing better for a person to do than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. . . . (Ecclesiastes 3)


Birthdays come and go. While I am asking God for long life so I may be a spiritual influence upon those coming behind me, as I get older I realize that others are also passing on . . . with celebrations come mourning. Yet, with Christ, we can even celebrate the moving on, because we have a definite HOPE in Him.


 It's not over . . .


So today I celebrate, not necessarily me but those who have made me who I am; my Father, my Savior, my Guide, my beautiful and committed bride, my children, my parents, my grandchildren, my extended family, those with whom I have labored. I am who I am because of what God has allowed in my life. God has indeed blessed me and I owe Him my life.


 I don't know about you, but with the remaining years I have, I gratefully say, "As for me and my house, we WILL serve the Lord!"

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...