Monday, March 7, 2016

Back to Reality

"I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees You. Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes." (Job 42:5)


I am so encouraged by Job. From Job 1:20 when he worships God after all has been taken from him to the end of his writing when God restores him, I am in awe. He acknowledges the Lord, but also realizes that as good as he might be, he is still no match for a Holy God! He sees very vividly how small we all are before a high and righteous God! 


Man, if I could only be in that place every minute of the day! There are times when I don't even acknowledge His presence, much less His power! I might go through a day and think I did pretty good all by myself . . . then BAM . . . something happens and I am brought back to the reality that I so need God!  So I thank God for the struggles . . . the pain . . . the illnesses . . . the challenges . . .  the sudden shocks of life. They bring me back in proper perspective. 


God is STILL God!

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...