Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Radical Change

In the same manner, He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the New Covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me." (1 Corinthians 11:25)


As Jesus was celebrating the Passover meal and offering the Cup of Redemption, He was actually ushering in a New Covenant, a greater redemption if you would. He was offering Himself as The sacrificial redemption for our sin, not simply out of slavery from Egypt. He was about to embrace the cross, shed His very own blood, to purchase our freedom from sin!


As we approach the most solemn days of our faith, let's get into the mindset of Christ and realize what He was going through if we possibly are able. He did it all for you . . . for me! A real hope . . . a permanent salvation . . . a blood covenant that He would establish and never break! 


Embrace it . . . Enjoy it . . . but know it was not free and not taken lightly. There was a huge price paid for our redemption and it was all done for each who would accept it. 


What are we going to do about it?

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...