Friday, February 19, 2016

Living in FEAR

Yes, redeemed sinners still sin, but it's how we feel about it that counts! Are we convicted, or do we pass sin off like a rain drop on a windshield and just wipe it away? Where is the sorrow, the shame, the guilt? After all Christ has done and still does for us, how can we call ourselves believers and still casually sin day after day with no conviction? Listen to the writer of Hebrews . . .


Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the Covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?  . . . The Lord will judge His people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands the Living God. (Hebrews 10:29-31)


Yes, I still sin, but many times right in the middle of that sin, I feel horrible. I fear God! What about you? What about our youth? Are we teaching and modeling the FEAR of God anymore?

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...