Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Purified

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me and I shall be whiter than snow. (Psalm 51:7)


Hyssop is a plant from the Mediterranean Region used for purification and healing, even to assist the leprosy sufferers. It was the plant described in the Passover of Egypt when the hyssop plant was dipped in blood to cover the door posts of Jewish families. (Exodus 12:22) What a memory from the past yet a glimpse into the future!



Here is King David, desperately seeking cleansing from his horrendous act, but also wanting more. He desired a total cleansing, inside and out! David was seeking deliverance, an escape from the slavery of his sin, just as the Israelites escaped bondage Egyptian slavery!


Have you ever noticed the cleanliness after a fresh snow? The air is crisp. The sky is a clear, bright blue. The ground covered with a layer of pristine, fluffy, pure, white snow. This is what David sought. . . .total purification that only God could offer. 


Do you seek an escape from the power of sin in your life? Do you feel the bondage it has upon your life's? His grace is still sufficient. (2 Corinthians 12:9) His blood still removes the guilt of sin. (Matthew 26:28) however, it takes a heart like David to come humbly and broken. Will you come?


No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...