Saturday, January 16, 2016

Personal Relationships

Against You and You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Your sight . . .that You may be found just when You speak and blameless when You judge. (Psalm 51:4)


How often do we understand the pain we cause our Father? We may experience the tears of a parent, a spouse, or even a friend. We see and feel the agony and hurt we cause others with our sinful actions. The guilt wears upon us until we apologize. Even then, we still experience the hurt from time to time.



However, because we do not see God, we tend to dismiss the hurt we cause Him. . .but this is our Father, our Daddy, our Abba! (Romans 8:15) Once we can develop our relationship with our Father to an intimate and personal level, we can not only the feel the pain of our sin but also the joy of our obedience! 



I am learning to see myself through a father’s eyes after over twenty-eight years of fatherhood. It’s about time, don't you think? Seriously though, just as it hurts when one of my children may offend me (and not even care to repent), I now understand just a portion of the pain I must cause my heavenly Father. But David knew . . . He knew that God held him in the palm of His hand; to crush or to comfort. 


How do you see yourself before a Mighty God? Is your relationship secure? Think upon His love for you and me and how we treat Him. This is personal!


No comments:

Just wanna say "Thank You . . . Gracias SeƱor!"

Rejoice always,  pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (1Thessalonians 5:16-1...