Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Never rest from repentance

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Your loving kindness; according to the multitude of Your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions. (Psalm 51:1)

We sin daily. Yes, especially those of us who serve within the church in various forms of leadership or other service positions. The problem is that we justify the sin or pass it off without much though because we believe we have it under control. You see, we know it is sin, we even confess it, but it still controls us. Like David, many times we need to have someone confront us. We all need a Nathan in our lives. Mine is my bride. She does not play games with sin. She is truly my help meet. 

And the Lord God said, " It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him. (Genesis 2:18) 

When we sin . . . as soon as we realize we have sinned, we need to confess it to the Lord and to those we have harmed. There is no need to tell everybody! The one who is after the heart of God realizes the pain our sin causes God and others. We must seek quick forgiveness and His mercy. God desires for us to be in complete fellowship with Him. One day, one hour, one minute away from Him can be deadly. Don't wait for someone to call us out. However, if and when they do, praise God for them and confess right away. Turn from the sin and if you can't do it alone, seek the help you need. There are genuine people who care!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...