Wednesday, December 23, 2015

THE Reason!

Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and Who is it Who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water." (John 4:10)


Shopping, traffic jams, fighting for parking spots, crossing off the gift lists . . . All part of the CHRISTmas Season. But should it be so? With all the fuss over the season, all of us put the REASON on the back burner at times. Even the most devout of believers forget why we give gifts. Let's remember what our Savior said to the Samaritan woman once again:


"If you knew the gift of God . . ." 


If we could all only remember the real REASON we rush out for the perfect gift for the ones we love. It should be to reflect the love God has toward us. I give a gift because I want to reflect the love God has for me toward others. This is my motivation. This is my REASON


God so loved me that it causes me to so love others. So the cost of the gift does not really matter as much as the love reflected in the gift. Even if I cannot purchase a gift, I can offer a service, some time, even a simple phone call or letter. 


I know we all say it and write it, but year after year CHRIST disappears more and more  from the Season.  Let's really remember the REASON behind CHRISTmas this year!




No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...