Monday, December 21, 2015

Old Words. . . Timely Words. . . Real Words. . .Effective Words!

In that day says the Lord, I will assemble the lame, I will gather the outcast, and those whom I have afflicted; I will make the lame a remnant, and the outcast a strong nation; so the Lord will reign over them in Mount Zion from now on, even forever. . . . . But you Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall come forth to Me the One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth are from old, from everlasting . . . (Micah 4:6-8, 5:2)


God's promises remain . . .


I am learning to place more meaning on Old Testament words, prophesies, and promises. Growing up in my CHRISTian walk, I became comfortable reading the New Testament and treating the Old Testament as God's Word, but not very relevant. I guess as I grow older, I recognize the power of promises and legacies. I realize the promises God has fulfilled not only in Israels's life, but mine as well. I also realize the legacy I must leave behind as a CHRISTian husband, father, grandfather, and man. 


Though I have fallen short too numerous times to recall, I must stay grounded. I must remain faithful. I must be humble. I have to remember from where God rescued me and never go back. I am determined to finish well so those I leave behind can say I was faithful to the One who is faithful to me. 


I will never be ashamed of where I was, who I am, and what God is doing with me! 

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...