Monday, November 9, 2015

Feeding Time

This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart . . . But you have not so learned Christ, if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the TRUTH is in Jesus: that you PUT OFF, concerning your former conduct, the OLD MAN that grows corrupt according to deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you out on the NEW MAN which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. (Ephesians 4:17-25)


If we do not feed a dog, it will die eventually! This is the best analogy to sin I can imagine. If I keep feeding into my old ungodly desires, they will thrive. I will continue to sin over and over again. Even though I am saved, I will not experience the fellowship and blessings of living a holy and God-honoring life.  


If I choose Godly activity, pure thoughts, friends who will hold me accountable, I can't help but become more like the man God wants me to be. Feed the old, sinful lifestyle, or the lifestyle God desires for me? Though Jesus did the work for my salvation, there are still choices I must make!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...