Wednesday, November 11, 2015

An Army of One

You therefore, must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier. . . Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things. (2 Timothy 2:4-7)


I cannot imagine what it must be like on the battlefield . . . Rocket fire . . . Planes dropping bombs . . . Enemies around every corner and under every bush . . . Separated from loved ones . . .  Not even knowing who the enemy may be at times . . . Never knowing if today may be my last day on earth . . .  It must be as if the worst reality show is just that, REALITY!!!! I so respect those who have served and are serving us today to keep us free to live as we do. 


What a sacrifice . . . to lay down ones life not simply for family and friends, but for total strangers and even at times for the freedom of the very nation in which they are fighting! While I may face battles here on earth, I know my victory is won by the blood of Jesus and His resurrection power over life and death! 


Yes, today I honor those who have battled and sacrificed to keep us free, but most importantly, I honor the One who frees me from sin eternally! Glad to be in His army . . . The Army of One!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You have to go through hard times if you are a soldier of GOD & if you are engaged In GOD then you don't get wrapped up in the ways of the world and sin, just focus on GOD to understand all things.

Anonymous said...

THIS IS VERY COMFORTING. I HAVE 6 RELETIVES IN THE ARMY. I REALLY NEVER WILL KNOW WHEN THEY WILL COME BACK.

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😢😢😢😢😢😢😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😪😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧

Anonymous said...

Shout out to all veterans❤🔫❤

Kamaal said...

Amen. We have to know that being a Christian is no walk in the park; and that we will be persecuted for our faith. However, we must be steadfast in Jesus the rock.

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...