Thursday, October 15, 2015

My Captain, My Team . . . Something about that name!

There is something about that name . . . Redskins, Cowboys, or that wonderful name  . . . 


R A V E N S !!!!!!!!!!


But there is a better, stronger, more perfect name . . . that name is J E S U S !!!! SAVIOR . . . What a name. What a Person! What a God! Do you know Him?


 . . .that at the name of JESUS every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth. (Philippians 2:10)


Jesus is my Captain. I have joined His team for eternity. What a name! But others have chosen to align with other squads


There is the work squad, the neighborhood squad, the cool squad and the "those who will help me get ahead" squad. There may even be the church squad or the gym squad. Then of course we have the "ones we watch the game with" squad. 


We all have those groups or squads we identify with from time to time. All these identities may be fun at times, but some may even be detrimental. Above all, we need to identify with our Savior and give Him our allegiance. He is, after all, the one and only undefeated Champion! 


Who is receiving your cheers, your support, your strength? What jersey are you wearing within your heart? Whose team are you on today? Are others able to recognize the team you have joined?

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...