Thursday, October 1, 2015

Mirror . . . Mirror . . . What do people see in us?

Jethro mentored Moses . . . Moses mentored Joshua . . . Joshua mentored the remaining elders . . . Eli mentored Samuel . . .Samuel mentored kings including David and David mentored his son Solomon . . . Elijah mentored Elisha and Jesus mentored twelve pretty influential guys. Finally, Paul mentored a young pastor named Timothy along with Titus and other local leaders of the young Church. Though mentoring is not mentioned literally in the bible, it is a biblical principle. However, in our modern Christian circles, we do not pray, worship, even "fellowship" generationally much anymore. 

Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. (1 Corinthians 11:1)

Mentoring builds authentic relationships that can and will have generational and eternal rewards. However, beware . . . Little eyes are upon us . . . We all are responsible for the generation coming up behind us!

The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. (Philippians 4:9)

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...