Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Stay!

They said to Him, "Rabbi" (Teacher) "where are You staying?" He said to them, "Come and see." They came and saw where He was staying and remained with Him that day. One of the two who heard John speak and followed him was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. He first found his own brother Simon, and said to him, "We have found the Messiah." And he brought him to Jesus. (John 1:38-39)


I am amazed how the first disciples dropped everything and followed Jesus. Of course there were those who simply turned away and never followed, but the ones who did follow did not hesitate. They were searching for Messiah and when they found Him, they did not delay. They did not say they had to get something else done or finish this or that . . . Jesus said "Come" and they followed. In fact, they STAYED with Him! They called others as well.  


Oh, if I could have that kind of commitment to STAY with Jesus. Yes, I know my Savior and I love Him and all He does for me, but I wander way too much. It embarrasses me. After all He has done and all He is, why can't I STAY? Why can't I tell everyone every day? How can I forget? How can I be so preoccupied with life when I am neglecting the One who gives and sustains life?


Jesus, keep me near You . . . Especially when I stray . . . Do not allow me to wandered too far too often. Keep me nearer . . . nearer . . . 


No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...