Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Post-Labor Day Prayer . . .

O Lord, hear my prayer! Pay attention to my plea for help! Because of Your faithfulness and justice, answer me! . . . . My strength leaves me; I am absolutely shocked. I recall the old days; I meditate on all you have done; I reflect on YOUR accomplishments. I spread my hands out to You in prayer; my soul thirsts for You in a parched land . . .show me the way I should go, because I long for You . . . Teach me to do what pleases You, for You are my God. May Your presence lead me into a level land. O Lord, for the sake of Your reputation, REVIVE me!. . . . (Psalm 143;Net Bible)


Our teens are faced with so many different and more challenging situations than we ever faced, yet in God's eyes, nothing really has changed. Like David, it is best to simply place the situations and the teens in God's hands. Like David, we as parents, mentors, and teachers need to allow Rabbi Jesus to teach us so we may in turn model and teach our teens. 

Allowing Christ into a situation, not just wanting Him present but giving Him complete control, gives added confidence and peace. Knowing He is leading gives us freedom to walk in faith, not just in the classroom or in the church, but in this crazy and challenging world. 

This is my prayer Lord: REVIVE us again . . .Teach us to teach others. Lead us to lead others. Give us boldness to follow Your precepts so others may take the bold steps needed to follow You as well!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...