Friday, August 21, 2015

God is HERE!

As a deer longs for streams of water, so I LONG for you O God! I THIRST for God, for the living God. . . . all day long they say to me, "Where is your God?" . . . . WAIT for God! For I will again give thanks to my God for His saving intervention. . . . By day the Lord decrees His loyal love, and by night He gives me a song , a prayer to the living God. . . . WAIT for God! (Psalm 42:1-3, 5,8,11)


Challenges, trials, shortcomings, even failures . . . We face them every day and many times they seem to outweigh the successes. How do we as Christ-followers cope? How do we face a world of un-truth with the Truth when we seem to be the butt of jokes and ridicule? When we do all we are physically able to do and yet we still fall short? When folks seem to be demanding, "Where is your God?",  and there seems to be no physical evidence? 


Check out the psalmist's words; LONG, THIRST, WAIT. We must so DESIRE the Lord that we are able to ignore the demands of the world. We must so THIRST for Him that our very breath, not just success at our job or in relationships, depends upon Him. We must so LONG for Him that we seek Him at every turn, with every step we make. We must learn to WAIT for His action and be content with where He wants us to be, not where we or someone else believes we should be. 


Let's learn to SEEK Him, LONG for His leading, and WAIT for His approval. Ahh yes, the "Well done, good and faithful servant." Oh, how I LONG to hear that from my Daddy . . . .

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...