Monday, August 31, 2015

Focused Upon God

The king spoke saying, "Daniel, servant of the Living God, has your God, Whom you serve continually, been able to deliver you from the lions?" Then Daniel said to the king, "o king, live forever! My God sent His angel and shut the lions' mouths, so that they have not hurt me, because I was found innocent before Him; and also, O king, I have done no wrong before you. "(Daniel 6:20-22)


When trouble is presented, we must keep our focus upon God. I can imagine, well actually it is very hard to imagine being surrounded my fierce lions. Not just surrounded, but penned in, with no place to run. 


What I can believe is that Daniel was not focused upon the lions, but His Lion of Judah . . . THE KING . . . The Ancient of Days . . . Our God! Most times we are so focused upon our problems that we can only see the problem and not the solution. 


As we begin to use Daniel's example, being focused upon God, problems seem to minimize and God increases. God must become our focus, especially when we see no hope . . . no solution . . .  no cure. God is able. He is greater than our problems. He is God!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...