Wednesday, August 12, 2015

BFF. . . . How many do we really need?

A person who has friends may be harmed by them, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24)


As I wander through social media pages and talk with many folks (youth especially) I often hear and see the term BFF. . . BEST FRIENDS FOREVER. Well, for me best means just that, BEST. So how many friends can actually be one's BEST FRIEND? 


For me, I can probably count my close friends on one hand. For various reasons, my decision to live for the Lord, working several jobs, and my personal choices both good and bad have all contributed to my small circle of friends.  Situations that have come my way in life have caused others to back away. Challenges and struggles in life show true character and commitment. 


At times I have unknowingly offended others. Other times I have simply neglected folks while being focused on me and my issues. There were also times when I have simply been hurt and decided I was better off without a relationship. Again, good or bad, these choices have shaped my life and friendships. While I may be friendly to many, I am very much a loner and fine with being alone. I am not saying this is right . . . It's just me! I am striving to repair and renew relationships by showing myself friendly more often.


 However, even I need a friend now and then. Yes, I have my Jesus, but I still need Jesus with skin on now and then! Oh how I thank God for the few I can count upon to be here for me! You know who you are by now . . .



No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...