Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Sin is a CHOICE.

What shall we say then? Are we to remain in sin so that grace may increase? ABSOLUTELY NOT! (Romans 6:1-2)

It is a struggle to re-educate our minds, our hearts, our souls. We fail miserably each day and fall short of perfection under God. However, day by day, week by week, month by month, year by year, we must allow the Spirit of God to fill us...control us more and more. 

Once upon a time, we could not avoid sin. We embraced it! We loved it! I know I did!!! But now, twenty-three years since Christ rescued me, I cannot avoid Him! Every time I fall short, I am confronted with His grace, not to sin even more, but to repent in shame. I hate the sin I do!

For you can be confident of this one thing: that no person who is immoral, impure, or greedy has ANY inheritance in the Kingdom of God. (Ephesians 5:5)

GRACE is not a license to sin. It is NOT an excuse for sin. It is however, it is an opportunity to repent and turn from sin! Sad to say, to continue in sin, which is to disagree with God and His Word, is to REJECT Christ and His grace. 

Do not be fooled friends. Accept God at His Word, not the lies of this world! Your eternity depends upon your choice. Yes, it is a choice!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...