Friday, July 17, 2015

Patience . . . God really is in control!

Rejoice in hope, endure in suffering, persist in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints, pursue hospitality. Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. . . Do not repay evil for evil . . . Do not avenge yourselves, dear friends, but give place for God's wrath, for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine,      I will repay", says the Lord. . . Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 12:12-21)


This is for me today . . . Maybe you too! No matter how long things are nagging me, no matter how often Satan raises his angry and ugly head, no matter how  stupid people seem to act, I must trust God at His Word! He knows and He is in control. I must allow Him to work not only in my life, but in and through others' lives as well. 


After all, it is not His will anyone be lost, so me taking them out won't help! Even in the lives of those who who tempt us the most and treat us the worst, God is working. Like David, when he had to opportunity to take out Saul, he waited upon the Lord. I too must be patient and allow God to have His perfect will. 


Long suffering is just that . . . Suffering L   O   N   G!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...