Wednesday, July 8, 2015

"Family" is Forever

"Who is my mother and who are my brothers?" And pointing toward His disciples he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

Yes, it is true, we are placed into family but we choose friends. However, this only applies to our time upon the earth. Eternally speaking, God presents the invitation to join His family. We must choose whom we follow.

It is a painful, grief-filled, and lonely choice to make at time, to have to choose God over family lifestyle, beliefs, and cultural practices. Many times, we must turn our backs and pray they understand what God requires and why. After all, this is a God thing, not a right or wrong issue. I have had to tell myself at times, they may never understand, but I must make this choice for eternal reasons and to honor God. 

Painful? Oh yes it is! Worth the reward? . . . God saying "Well done!", or being accepted by family members, well you tell me! life on earth is never going to be easy for a true Christ-follower. We will be faced with many challenges, especially in these last and evil days. Satan knows our weak points and family is a big target for him. 

Stay focused . . . Great is the reward . . . "Payday some day"


No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...