Thursday, July 16, 2015

At the Cross

I have been crucified with Christ, and it no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.  So the life I now live in the body, I live because of the faithfulness of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside God's grace, because if righteousness could come through the law, then Christ died for nothing. (Galatians 2:20-21)

The Law . . . the Ten Commandments and all the laws of Moses, were established as guidelines for the Jewish people. They were to follow them in order to be set apart from the world. These were the ways to live if one wanted to be part of the chosen people of God. The Law brought mankind to the point where they realized they were nothing before a holy God! It brought man to his knees. It brought us all to the cross eventually!

No one can possible keep the Law. This however, does not free us to sin! Rather, because of Christ, we now have received grace and are able to live by His strength, being freed from the Law. Because of what Christ has done, we can choose Him and now be a child of the Living God! By His Spirit, we can make choices to honor Him and allow others to see Him in us. Because of the cross . . .

As Christ-followers, we have nothing to boast about but Christ Himself. All we have, all we have accomplished, any good anyone has to say about us . . . it is all because of the goodness of God!

At the cross . . . at the cross . . . this is the best place to be!







No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...