Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Praying for Godly Wisdom and Knowledge

For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms . . .(Ephesians 1:15-20)

As parents/mentors/educators, we have an awesome privilege and opportunity to disciple our young people. Though at time it may be challenging . . . even a bit irritating, we must NEVER stop thanking God for the position He has placed us! He knows we can handle even the most difficult of students because He has equipped us!

But do we allow God to use us?

We must keep asking God for the power . . . His power . . . to reach these kids. The same power from which He raised Christ from the dead is available to each of us! As we pray for the students we must also pray for one another.

God not only give us the knowledge . . . the wisdom . . . but also the power to reach these young people . . . so they may come to know YOU . . .for YOUR glory! 





No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...