Friday, June 26, 2015

Not a Funeral March....

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. . . . (Psalm 23)

We often here this at funerals or at the least in times of struggles or depression. However, I was reminded this afternoon that these words are not simply meant to encourage the downtrodden or to dry the tears of the grieving, but to also keep us daily trusting in Him. 

These words of Psalm 23 remind us His daily commitment to each of His children. He supplies our needs. He strengthens me daily. He guides me by His Word each and every day. I do not fear today, tomorrow or yesterday for that matter. God fights for me when I do not even know it! He comforts me, refreshes me, nourishes me mind, body and soul. My desire is to dwell with Him for eternity, not just when I am weak and needy, because in all actuality I am always weak and needy.

No, these words are by no means Christian rhetoric. They give confidence and boldness. They enable me to face every day as if it were my last day . . . All to His glory!


No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...