Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A crying shame?

Jesus saw her crying. He saw that the Jews who had come along with her were crying also. His spirit became very sad, and He was troubled....Jesus wept.(John 11:33-35).


Men are not supposed to cry! How often have those of my generation heard this? However, when Jesus felt the pain of Mary, Martha, and their friends, He too cried. Not a wimpy, feminine cry . . . Not a professional funeral goers cry . . . But a sincere, manly, sympathetic, heart-to-heart, emotional expression of love and compassion for His friends.

It's indeed ok to cry. However, as my bride reminds me . . .

Don't make it a habit!


No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...