Friday, May 29, 2015

Jealousy is GOOD thing?

You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. (Exodus 20: 4-6)

We always been taught that jealousy was a bad thing, right? Don't be jealous of what other people have. What I have is what God wants me to have. The grass is not always greener on the other side . . .  etc.

Well, in the case for God, jealousy is indeed a good thing! You see, in the ancient text, jealous and zealous are nearly interchangeable. They both infer passion, desire, and enthusiasm. God loves us so very much that He has no desire to share us with anyone!

It is hard to even fathom this kind of love, yet it is how God feels about each and every one of us. Just sit back and imagine what that is, how that feels, and simply thank God!

Now, what will we do in response to that type of love? How will we live this day?


No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...