Friday, May 22, 2015

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly . . . time to rest.


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)



It's coming to an end . . . another school year! Happiness for some . . . tears for others. Kids excited . . . parents relieved . . . teachers feeling accomplished.


Yet we all are somewhat weary . . . worn out . . . tired . . . needing REST!


In this physical state, Jesus welcomes us. He also welcomes our weary bodies, but also our worrisome hearts and our anxious spirits.  


You don’t have to clean yourself up to come to Jesus fully rested and Just COME!
 I may be able to imagine what you are going through right now — trials, suffering, heartache, pain, illnesses within your bodies or a close friend or family member. But even if I cannot relate to your struggles, it’s not too big for God. His grace can cover it, and your heart can be made new. In those times when I felt like I was drowning, I thought God was off in a distant land. Later I realized that’s when He is most near.


He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary
they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:29-31)

So, before the medications . . . prior to leaving for the vacation . . . before the cleaning up of the classroom, even before commencements and senior trips . . . go to the Lord. He is waiting with open arms. He renews minds, bodies, and spirits.


Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. (2 Corinthians 4:16)



No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...