Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Rebuild . . . from the INSIDE . . .OUT!

 . . . and I answered the king, “If it pleases the king and if your servant has found favor in his sight, let him send me to the city in Judah where my ancestors are buried so that I can rebuild it.” (Nehemiah 2:5)

If you know anything about me, you now this: I love my city where I grew up, went to school, and still cheer my teams. I bleed purple and orange. Just ask my bride and children. I love Baltimore and am so very proud of our past and even today, I know I will be proud of my city when all is said and done.  

But it needs re-building . . . from the inside out. With a "church on every corner", there is still hatred, regret, hostility, and a call for justice . . . even retribution. But it cannot be calm and peace without a heart change by every one of us. Words will not heal. Legislation will not heal. Only the Word of God and the action of His people will bring true change . . . a change of heart. Rhetoric is done. Preaching is through. It's time to be "Jesus with skin on" for the CHRISTian race!

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” (Isaiah 6:8)

I have been to other cities and countries to help; now It's MY CITY in need. I want to go. I want to help. I want my teen age son to be a part of this and to remember this time in our life. I want to leave a legacy for him and my grandchildren that I did not sit idly by and allow Satan to destroy the hearts and minds of our youth and not so young as well. But how beyond prayer?

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)

When Jesus was unjustly tried and unfairly sentenced to die by a murderous Roman police force (guards) in the public view, He returned not to seek revenge but to seek change. He instructed His followers to go out and make disciples . . . followers of Him. Yes, the followers of Christ were angry and afraid. However, with the newly found Spirit of God indwelling them, they changed the world from the inside out with the active and hands-on message of Christ: repent and be baptized for the Kingdom of God is at hand! We, the followers of Jesus Christ right here in the Baltimore/DC area, must organize and go . . .

What better message . . . what better time than this?

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...