Saturday, April 4, 2015

IN-BETWEEN Times


Think back to the day after the crucifixion. The day when everything went silent. It’s a strange day, this in-between day. In between despair and joy. In between confusion and clarity. In between bad news and good news. In between darkness and light.

Even in the Bible . . . outside of one detail about guards being posted to watch the tomb  . . .  we’re told nothing about Saturday. Saturday is the day with no name, the day when nothing happened.

Even though we know the rest of the story, the followers of Christ did not back then. But my question today is this:

What are we doing with the in-between today?

We too are waiting. We too sometmes see no hope. We too sense silence, despair, defeat.

But why?

Do we not trust God at His word? Do we still doubt after all the evidence? What keeps us from living by faith . . . by facts? Why are we in hiding today?

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.  (Acts 1:8)

In-between these times of Jesus' return we are to be working, anticipating,  witnessing as to Who He is and what He has in store for mankind. There is NO reason for His followers today to be hiding or running scared. I don't know about you, but I hope He comes back today! If not today then tomorrow . . . or the next day! But I am not going to be found hiding out or shrinking back


I will be telling someone! 



No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...