Monday, April 20, 2015

Belief is Enough


“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered.  “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. (Mark 11:22-24)

Grandma had a hard time finding the right video game. Eventually, she sent her grandson the money for the game, since she really did not know where to find it. After months of waiting, the money came with a loving note from the grandmother . . . "I did not forget you!"

This boy believed in his gift when he could not see it. He knew his grandmother would not let him down. She would keep her promise. That is what faith in God is all about. We know Him and we know He will not fail us. We know He will keep his promises, and we live waiting for Him to give us what we need. God supplies when we need things . . . in His timing!

This simple prayer may help us all through the days and weeks ahead:

Dear Lord, Help me to believe that you are at work even when I can’t see anything happening. I know you hear me when I pray. Thank you for listening. Sometimes that is enough!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...