Monday, March 23, 2015

"What is it going to be like in heaven?"


“Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.  ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” (Revelation 21:3-4)https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=revelation+21%3A+3-4&version=NIV


"What is it going to be like in heaven?"

I hear this question often in my middle school Bible class discussions.
Well, the Bible tells us what will not be in heaven!
  1. Sickness. (1 Corinthians 15:42-43) 
  2. Sadness. (Revelation 21:4)
  3. Suffering. (Revelation 7:16)
  4. Sin. (Jude 1:24)
  5. Death. (Revelation 21:4)
Yes, we will have personalities and I believe we will recognize one another. It's going to be a real life with Jesus! What;s hard to imagine is a life without sin, suffering, sickness, sadness, and the separation of death!

I so look forward to it . . . but we have a life to live here in the mean time!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...