Wednesday, February 18, 2015

God's Timing . . . God's Power

Jesus said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you. Everything written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms must come true.”

45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, “This is what is written. The Messiah will suffer. He will rise from the dead on the third day. 47 His followers will preach in his name. They will tell others to turn away from their sins and be forgiven. People from every nation will hear it, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You have seen these things with your own eyes. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised. But for now, stay in the city. Stay there until you have received power from heaven.” (Luke 24:44-49)

Ever feel frustrated? Ever wonder why we fail so often? Why does it seem that God is not with us?

Many times we are working under our own power rather than God's! The original disciples had to wait for the Spirit to arrive. But we have it now . . . if we are His. But we still must wait at times . . . for God's timing! 

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you. Then you will tell people about me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria. And you will even tell other people about me from one end of the earth to the other.” (Acts 1:8)

Get in touch with God . . . seek His face . . .His will. . . His timing. He wants to work through you and me!


No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...