Thursday, February 26, 2015

Eyewitness Proof . . .walk by the FACTS!

But you must hold firmly to the message I preached to you. If you don’t, you have believed it for nothing. 3 What I received I passed on to you. And it is the most important of all. Here is what it is. Christ died for our sins, just as Scripture said he would. 4 He was buried. He was raised from the dead on the third day, just as Scripture said he would be. 5 He appeared to Peter. Then he appeared to the 12 apostles. 6 After that, he appeared to more than 500 brothers and sisters at the same time. Most of them are still living. But some have died. 7 He appeared to James. Then he appeared to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, he also appeared to me. I was like someone who wasn’t born at the right time. (1 Corinthians 15:2-8)

In a courtroom, one or two eyewitnesses are possible to conjure up a story. However, if more that five hundred adults witness an event, the judge must accept the evidence as true! Who wouldn't?

So some say we have a blind faith. Really? I would say that if more that five hundred people actually witnessed Jesus Christ alive and well after seeing Him dead and buried, well even a scholar  . . . even perhaps a blind man would believe that!

Yes, I walk by faith in the promises of God. I also walk by the facts!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...