Friday, January 16, 2015

Jesus Came to Blow Up Things

Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. (Matthew 5:2-12)
Reading the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew I am coming to understand something radical. Jesus was teaching what we can easily apply today if will just grasp it. The ones who will truly be blessed in our day are the ones who live diametrically opposed to the rules of performance-based religion.
Jesus came to blow up religious customs and practices! Uh Oh . . . maybe I sound too dramatic or radical, or even terror-driven. I don't mean to bomb buildings and people, but to teardown ideologies and rituals.
Jesus taught and lived a life of sacrifice, service, humbleness, and undeserving ridule . . . without rebellon,revenge, or retribution. I will say it once again as I have said before:
I despise religion . . . I seek relationships. I have a relationship with the Creator and Savior of this world. I desire for all to have one as well! Marantaha!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...