Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Committment

I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes Forever, to the very end. (Psalm 119:112)
It all starts with a committment. One must decide to stop, start, or continue. It is the same whether it is a diet, exercise routine, or the CHRISTian walk. Every day a decision must be made. Do I snooze the alarm or get up? Do I open my bible or watch TV? Do I pray or search out posts on social media? Priorities . . .
I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. (Romans 7:21-25)
There is a battle going on within our hearts and minds. We must make up our minds and commit our hearts to win! God can . . .

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...