Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Real Gift must be RECEIVED, OPENED, and ENJOYED! (Why I Write)

I am writing to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name. I am writing to you, fathers,because you know him who is from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I write to you, dear children, because you know the Father. I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you are strong,and the word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one. Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. (1 John 2:12-17)
The apostle John wrote so that we may believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and live with Him eternally. It was a two-part message; belief and a life honoring the Savior. You see,Christ did not leave heaven, come into this vile world, die a violent death and rise from the grave simply so would stay out of hell! One buys fire insurance for a house, not for a life!
Jesus went through it all so we may have a relationship with Him . . . an eternal relationship with Him!
John felt the need to explain why he was writing. I do as well. People often ask why I write nearly every day and share my thoughts. Some think I am doing it for attention. Others may believe it is for pity or support for ministry work. However, I do it because God has compelled me to do so. He has gifted me to share His Word and apply it. I have a burden for souls; lost souls, confused souls, souls which have been duped, young souls in particular!
Yet this is what CHRISTmas is all about! A gift is no good if it is left under the tree. It is useless if it is opened and then left in a closet or a toy box. No . . . a REAL GIFT is received with joy, opened with excitement, and then enjoyed day after day and year after year!
Jesus said it best when speaking to the Pharisees. He explained the difference between religion and relationship. Anyone can go through the motions of church. Anyone can look good on the surface and do the ritualistic Christian activities. However, a true follower of Jesus Christ will desire an intimate relationship with Him day after day and year after year. It will be cherished more than anything we have ever received!
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."(John 10:10)
Have you received Christ? Have you opened up to Him? Do you enjoy the relationship? Merry CHRISTmas . . . enjoy THE GIFT!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...