Monday, November 3, 2014

In the HOOD

. . .you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,“Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, elect, precious, and he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.” (1 Peter 2:5-6, 8-9)
I was reminded this SONday that I am part of the HOOD! A Holy PRIEST-hood . . . the BROTHER-hood of believers. I am to be set apart...not always accepted.. thought of as peculiar....this all makes sense! Like many of our young people today who are labeled and prejudged, I want people to see me and watch my actions and know I am a believer . . .call me a CHRIST-FOLLOWER.!
What about you? Are you in the HOOD?

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...