Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Man on a Mission

The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.” Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. (John 10:24-28)
Many movies have been written and they portray Jesus more like a wandering vagabond than one with a purposeful agenda. He goes from town to town and speaks to anyone who will listen, picking up groups of followers along the way. Nothing is further from the truth! According to the apostle John, Jesus was a man on a mission who knew exactly what he had come to Earth to accomplish. John also states his purpose in writing very clearly: to get people to believe in Jesus the Messiah. Both the apostle John and his dear friend and Savior Jesus had God's plan on their minds. They were on a mission to accomplish what God had set forth within their hearts; to know and love and serve God!
As Christians, even young Christians, we can in fact know God's will and carry out. it takes focus, study, attention to detail, and practice . . . yes practice!
Reading the words of Jesus above we see that if we know our Shepherd than we hear His voice and follow after Him. We can only be familiar with one's voice by listening. Read His Word. Listen intently at church and to various teachings on radio,TV, in school,and from those who know more than you. Put into practice what you learn.
Once we belong to the Savior we cannot be lost. We are secure forever. These are Jesus' words, not mine! (John 10:28)

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...