Friday, August 16, 2013

Nothing at All

Even more, I consider everything to be nothing compared to knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. To know him is the best thing of all. Because of him I have lost everything. But I consider all of it to be garbage so I can get to know Christ. I want to be joined to him.(Philippians 3:8-9)
All that we can accomplish is really nothing at all if it is not in the will of God and for His glory. I have reached a point in life where I want His will, but it is so hard to wait for it or even to realize it when I am in it. The world is so screwed up that each day becomes a challenge. Family, jobs, finances, educational needs . . . so many opportunities to honor God . . . or to ignore Him!
We have to s l o w d o w n and be careful to include God and His Word in each and every decision. If we do not, the smallest decision can and will become our greatest problem!
The challenges of this world should cause the believer to concentrate on His Word and bring every decision under the grid of the Bible. No matter what others may think, even our fellow believers, we must be so careful. I have given up so much for Christ and it seems at times as if I have nothing.
The world will judge me by its standards when it comes to credit ratings, salary, and possessions. I am a nobody. God judges the heart however. My desire is to please Him despite the world! I am His child!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...