Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Cloudy With a Chance of WHAT????

Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth. So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be three hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide and thirty cubits high. Make a roof for it, leaving below the roof an opening one cubit high all around. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks. I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you . . . (Genesis 6:11-18)
You all saw the movie . . . food raining down from the skies! Think about Noah’s day: no one had ever seen rain! Why the ark old man? Are you crazy? Then came the floods from every angle upon the earth!
. . .as it is written in Isaiah the prophet:“I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way” . . .“a voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.’” And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. The whole Judean countryside and all the people of Jerusalem went out to him. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River. John wore clothing made of camel’s hair, with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locusts and wild honey. And this was his message: “After me comes the one more powerful than I, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.” (Mark 1:2-8)
The Savior has arrived! Get ready! He is coming! John the Baptist said it and many refused to accept the fact. We hear it today and many are refusing to accept Him on His terms . . . or think they can wait . . .
“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. (Revelation 22:12-14)

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...