Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Model for Prayer

Pray like this . . .
In this manner, therefore,pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come . . . Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. (Matthew 6:9-13
) So what do we do with what is called the Model Prayer? We use it as a model not a script!! I believe God was asking us to pray on a personal level with God, not with a scripted list of words (like the Pharisees and church leaders of His day).
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. (Matthew 6:5)
Make it personal . . . speak to your God!
Write it down . . . .
My Father . . . Daddy . . . Yu are soooo holy and perfect . . . .I really want what You want for this world . . . for my life . . and for all those around me! Please provide all I need this day because only You know what I really need! Please forgive my sins and show me how to forgive others who hurt me! I know You never tempt me, but I am tempted to do wrong by the devil and my own desires as a human being, so protect me Lord. I really need Your help! You indeed have all the power in the world and You are so very awesome! Help me to love and appreciate You more each day and to share Your love with others! Amen!!!!!
What will you say to God?

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...