Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Proven General . . . A Confident and Prepared Soldier!

A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd;I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell (return)in the house of the Lord forever. (Psalm 23:1-6)
In other words . . . .
The Lord is indeed the Lord of the Armies . . . the Undefeated One and One to Come in Battle. I know he has me in His hands . . . protecting me and giving me rest in this battle. he strengthens me and restores me when I am weakened and near giving up. Yet even when I am at my lowest, I do not have to fear anything. Why? God is with me!!!! He will never leave me!!!He leads me and guides me through rough terrain and land mines!!! Even when I face my toughest battles, I can feel His presence. . . already preparing the Victory Feast! He gives me confidence. He assures me. In fact, i am brimming over with confidence . . . in my Savior! I am a confident and prepared soldier indeed!
One day . . . I will be with Him. That is my goal and my future! It gets me through . . . .

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...