Wednesday, May 8, 2013

young people need to know we care . . .

My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.(James 5:19-20) Reaching the one lost in sin . . . this is every CHRISTian's goal . . . or should be! If God wishes no one to be lost (2 Peter 3:9)than we as His followers should seek the salvation of those around us as well. This is a rather easy chore for us when concerning freinds and family members. But what about those of whom we are uncomfortable to be around? What about the drug dealer, the child molester, the homosexual or lesbian?Now things become a bit challenging to us as individuals and as a Body. I must admit, at times there were those whom I wished the worst. I did not care if some were lost. In fact, it served them right! However, God has changed my heart! Speaking with so many teens and hearing their personal and family stories has broken my heart for the worst of sinners . . . like me! To really be Jesus with skin on, we must have a heart for every sinner. The love of God must permeate our lives. Jesus loved the sinner and persued them. We must do the same. If we are uncomfortable talking to certain folks, the least we can do is pray fervently for individuals and groups. But please, also pray for a heart for sinners. Our young people need to know we care beyond words and special collections. They need to feel the love of Jesus and see it in our eyes. They need His heart . . . through ours! A teen recently asked me why more churches do not address the issue of homosexuality in a real way. I had no answer accept that we did not really know how to do it. We are homophobic for one! many other issues we glance over and hope they will go away. Kids are neglected, mentally and physcially abused, and yes, trapped in homosexual lifestyles looking for an answer. Will we at least attempt to allow the Holy Spirit to use us to bring these lost ones to Christ? Like me, God is trying to mature us all to do His work. I was such a vile person before Christ and He is still at work in me. May He use those of us who have been redeemed to now bring sinners such as ourselves to repentance! Let's love on someone in need this day!
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.(1 Corinthians 13:11-13)

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...