Thursday, May 2, 2013

Not in my house!

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water. (James 3: 9-12)
We must be consistent, not simply in what we do but also in what we write and speak. People need to a consistency in the Christian world. We cannot keep turning with every tide that rushes upon us or with every wind that blows. God need s us to be stable and sure of Whose we are and what we believe. With each new controversy that erupts, I see and hear all sorts of babble from Christians and non-believers alike. Why does it all seem the same? Are we not a "called-out" people? Are we not to be "out-standing"? Are we not to be "peculiar" or a bit "strange" if you know what I mean? Why do we sound just like the world? Why do we continue to compromise? Well, not in my house!
Let's stick to this age-old yet popular verse: As for me and my house, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD!(Joshua 24:15)

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...