Monday, April 22, 2013

We cannot do it alone!

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.(2 Corinthians 12:9)
Paul had a besetting sin that bothered him. early Church father Augustine did as well. In fact, we all have those things that keep from a closer relationship with the Savior. None of us are good . . . not one!(Romans 3:10)
Yet there is grace!
So how to keep from continuing in sin? There is no easy answer, but I have learned over the years that one cannot remain isolated and not share his troubles. We must be accountable. We must be transparent to a few good people in whom we can trust. We must remain in fellowship and not run. Iron does indeed sharpen iron! We are not alone!
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. (James 5:16)

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...