Wednesday, April 10, 2013

the Word remains . . . .

Lord, your word lasts forever. It stands firm in the heavens. You will be faithful for all time to come. You made the earth, and it continues to exist. Your laws continue to this very day,because all things serve you. If I had not taken delight in your law,I would have died because of my suffering.(Psalm 119:89-92)
Nothing lasts forever. . . nothing that is but the Word of God! It is consistent. It is true. It never changes. It is comforting. It is encouraging. It is convicting.It is life itself! Troubles come and go. Good times come and go. Friends and families come and go. But the Word remains . . . . If not for God and His faithfulness, where would any of us be? I know I would be lost . . . wandering throgh life without a clue! I may seem a bit clueless to some of you at times, but withoutthe Wordin my life . . . well let's not even go there! I love His promises to me. Despite me . . . He loves me! He cares for me. He forgives me. He rescues me from my enemies and even from myself at times. His Word became flesh and died for me. But that's not all . . . He conquered the grave and now lives to intercede for me in heaven. Even more than that, He is preparing a place for me to live with Him forever one day. The Word remains with me . . . and I am eternally grateful!
Heaven and earth will pass away. But my words will never pass away.(Matthew 24:35
)

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...