Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Easy Life . . . NO!

My brothers and sisters, you will face all kinds of trouble. When you do, think of it as pure joy. Your faith will be put to the test. You know that when that happens it will produce in you the strength to continue. The strength to keep going must be allowed to finish its work. Then you will be all you should be. You will have everything you need. If any of you need wisdom, ask God for it. He will give it to you. God gives freely to everyone. He doesn’t find fault. (James 1:2-5)
Ahhhh . . . the Easy Life . . . Blessed and Highly Favored . . . Prosperous . . . A Child of God . . . the Stairway to Heaven . . . Get Saved and get all you ever wanted and needed in this life and the next!
Did anyone mention the Dark Side . . . the Trials . . . the Challenges . . . the Pitfalls . . . the Ups and Downs of living in this flesh?
We are not promised a Rose Garden simply because we asked Jesus to save us from sin! In fact, we have been promised trials, tribulations, and sufferings. jesus warned His disciples just as He warns us: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33) james speaks to us as well. We will face all sorts of trials and challenges. Yet it produces a stronger and wiser Christian. it allows the Spirit to complete the work in us. Once we go through the fire, then we will have all we need. The good thing is that God promises to get us through and help us to understand through it all. But we have to stay in communication with Him . . . ask Him! (James 1:5)
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil,for you are with me; (Psalm23:4)

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...