Friday, April 12, 2013

Not "Us" but "JES-US"!

There was a man sent from God whose name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.(John 1:6-8)
Some thought John was the Messiah, but he set everyone straight. At times, we get all full of ourselves and what we are doing for the Lord, that we forget we are simply here to point folks to the Savior. We have been sent to tell the Good News. We are to be living out our lives in such a way that Jesus is evident in how we live. There should be no doubt we are different from the world.
"WE" should be less and less about "US" and more about "JES-US".
Way too many believers are shouting "Look at me!" today rather than people saying "I can see Jesus in you!". Less of me and more of Jesus . . . may that be our motivation and our constant prayer!
You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Messiah but am sent ahead of him.’ The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. He must become greater; I must become less.” (John 3:28-30)

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...