Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Simple Life . . . Is it worth it?

Do everything you can to live a quiet life. Mind your own business. Work with your hands, just as we told you to. Then unbelievers will have respect for your everyday life. And you won’t have to depend on anyone. (1 Thessalonians 4:11)
We do not have to be in the spotlight and always seeking attention. Living a simple life of hard work and contentment alone can win folks for Christ. God indeed will reward those who seek to please Him rather than men. Everyone cannot be up front. Many of us are called to simply live out our faith! Living for this world and its applause will cause a lot of pain and heartache. However, living for the world to come is so promising. Jesus is coming coming back and will one day say "well done" to those who have dedicated their lives to Him! I must admit it is a challenge to work so hard day and night and still come up short on many ends. Family may be disappointed. The bill collectors are frustrated. People wonder why I do what I do day in a day out when they cannot see any progress. Yet I know God is with me. I know He cares. I know He watches after me. Finally, I know one day he will return for me and all who believe!Like Paul, I hold on to this promise:
Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day . . .and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.(2 Timothy 4:8)

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...